The Sarnia Saints – 2015 Rugby in Canada Guest Coach/Player Program
The Sarnia Rugby Club offers a chance for male or female rugby enthusiasts to spend a summer in Canada playing & coaching rugby. The Sarnia Saints field 2 Men’s & a Women’s team as well as u18 girls & boys teams. The club also assists with local High School programs in late Spring & early Summer. The Sarnia Club is widely (wildly) known as the best social club in the Province of Ontario.
The Sarnia Rugby Club offers:
- We cover a percentage of your flight which is prorated depending on your length of stay to a max of 90%
- Ground transportation to & from airport
- Toronto-Ontario & Detroit-Michigan are nearby International Airports
- The club will arrange for suitable accommodations; secure & clean, bedroom, kitchen, washroom & laundry facilities
- The club will cover the cost of club fees, Rugby Canada registration (this includes rugby related catastrophic medical insurance) & travel costs to away games
What is expected by the Sarnia Rugby Club?
Expenses not covered by the club:
- Food & drink
- Boots & shorts
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Guests must be available to train and play with the club while they are guests
- Guests will have plenty of opportunity to work & have excursions
- Guests must make themselves available to assist in coaching
- This depends on a combination of your abilities & the clubs’ needs
- Guests must be available to assist the club in some other volunteer/community roles
- Guests are asked to act as “Good Will Ambassadors” on occasion
Apply by emailing the following:
- CV & or a resume including
- Playing experience & positions played
- Coaching experience
- Vital statistics, height, weight, age etc
- Possible arrival & departure dates
- Be prepared to have a teleconference or possibly a meeting on Skype
- Prepare a list of references & or letters of reference
- We will not need these until we have created a short list
Do your Homework:
Find out more about Sarnia & the Sarnia Saints Rugby Club at:
How much spending money will a guest need?
- This is a difficult question to answer because it depends on your eating & drinking habits. Plan on perhaps $100 – $200 Canadian per week.
- Can a guest get a job while in Canada?
- Yes. However, there is one option that is easy & legal
- To work legally a guest can apply for a travel / work visa. This costs ~$300Can$ and is obtained via a Canadian High Commission or Consular Office (see link below). These are good for 1 year but there are limits of how many are issued.
- In the past some of our imports have done odd jobs around the city to earn a little extra spending money.
- The options are to our guests. A thing to keep in mind is the club will make every effort to assist in a job search but it will make no guarantees. The harder a guest works at finding work, the more work they may find.
Thanks for your interest in the Sarnia Rugby Club 2015 Opportunity.
Please send your questions & expressions of interest to: CanadaRugby2015@gmail.com