We are near the pointy end of the application now, and we need your support! The hearing is Wednesday 31st January, 9.45am (for 10.00am), at The Capesthorne Room – Town Hall, Macclesfield SK10 1EA.
In order to assist our application, we need to show our support by way of either turning up for the hearing and/or voicing your support. If turning up for the hearing, please can you show your support by wearing club tie, blazer, kit and hold a large card, paper showing your support. We are the only item on the agenda so if the gallery is empty, it won’t give the council the impression of it being of community interest.
Please send e-mails to; Natalie.Wise-Ford@cheshireeast.gov.uk with reference 16/6237M
In her update she will have to report how many reps were received to the re-consultation that took place in January and will summarise ‘X’ in support and ‘Y’ number objecting. At the moment there are more objecting the changes so we need your support!
All you have to say is that you support the investment in this valued community asset and the loss of the small amount of greenbelt land is far outweighed by the benefit to the community. You could also mention some of the following; (or anything else you think is relevant, but DO SOMETHING!)
- It’s been a community club since 1877 and is in desperate need of financial support to ensure the continuance of rugby in Macclesfield.
- Tens of thousands of kids have benefited from playing mini/junior rugby over the past 40 odd years, some going onto play professional rugby and also represent England, as well as supplying literally hundreds who have represented Cheshire & The North of England at age group and senior level.
- The club has won Cheshire Cups, tournaments and festivals too numerous to mention all over the country, giving Macclesfield a fantastic reputation within the rugby world, both at age group and senior level rugby.
- We are in the process of starting a Ladies team which will give ladies the opportunity to play rugby – we are getting players from other clubs joining us due to the reputation Macclesfield has for rugby.
- We are looking into starting a Rugby Academy, giving educational opportunities to 16-18 year olds who are not very academic, but are good at rugby.
- The club raises tens of Thousands of pounds each year for local charities through the beer festival (over £300,000 in past 24 years), the Ladies Lunch – raising £1,000`s for the Victoria Breast Centre at Macclesfield Hospital, and various other events raising much need funds for the East Cheshire Hospice and prostate cancer.
Please join us, we need to show our support!