U9’s contact details:
Head Coach: Mike Ransom (firstname.lastname@example.org 07557 443624
Paul Bartle – Coach
Simon Boyd – Coach
Tristan Wood – Coach
Team Administration – Ruth Lancaster (email@example.com 07733 006937)
Safeguarding: Mike Ransom, Paul Bartle
First Aider: Mike Ransom
Macclesfield Rugby Under 9s would love to see any boys or girls who are interested in trying out rugby for the first time, or have indeed played at another club in the past. So, if you want to know more, please either get in touch or if you prefer, just come on down to one of our training sessions at the Club on a Sunday morning at 10am when we are playing at home – see fixtures below for details.
Please bear in mind that the following fixture list is the initial plan given for us to follow. Fixtures can change however changes may not be reflected here and you should follow Teamer for the most up to date information.
|02.09.2018||Training||MRUFC top itch|
|09.09.2018||Training||MRUFC top pitch|
|16.09.2018||Training||MRUFC top pitch|
|30.092018||Training||MRUFC top pitch|
|11.11.2018||Training||MRUFC top pitch|
|16.12.2018||Parents vs Kids||MRUFC|
|20.01.2019||Training||MRUFC top pitch|
|17.02.2019||Training||MRUFC top pitch|
|10.03.2019||Training||MRUFC top pitch|
|05.05.210||END OF SEASON|
Following all home games and training sessions the clubhouse will be open for hot food and drinks. Please remember this facility is available for all to use both players and supporters. No rugby boots allowed in the clubhouse, also please remove any muddy clothes!
Kit required (MANDATORY FOR EVERY MATCH):
- MRUFC Playing top – On the O’Neill’s on-line store, the jersey is labelled ‘Macclesfield RUFC Juniors Rugby Jersey Kids’
- MRUFC Shorts
- Macc Rugby Socks
- Boots with studs (N.B: no boots with studs to be worn on the astro pitch, trainers only)
- Gum Shield /Mouth Guard are compulsory in contact rugby
Recommended (especially during the Winter months):
- Skins (legs and top)
- Hat – (warm hat covering ears best)
- Rugby Gloves (NOT woollen gloves – they soak up water getting cold, and do not grip the ball)
SUBS and RFU REGISTRATION
Registration has MANY benefits:
- Playing subscriptions and coaching
- Family Club Membership (no voting rights)
- 10% discount for the Clubhouse Bar
- Free RFU Insurance
- Free match entry to 1st XV home games for children under 16
- Discounted match entry (£5) for an adult
- Opportunity to buy international tickets
- 2 complimentary RFU raffle tickets
- Free venue hire for functions
ALL PLAYERS MUST ALSO BE RFU REGISTERED. Please contact Ruth for more details or Jonathan Marsh at the Club if you have any queries.
Prices: 1st child**: £125.00 (£11.50 per month) , 2nd onwards: £94.00 each (£8.50 per month). The preferred method of registration and payment is through the online membership system https://mrufc.manageyourclub.co.uk
The new system will allow you to register players online and either pay monthly by Direct Debit or as a single payment.
You can also pay direct to the Club via online banking:
Account number: 39826562
Sort Code: 01-05-41
Please mark payment with U9’s and child’s name.
Important: If you have been paying your subs via standing order and have already made your August payment you need to CANCEL your standing order immediately and then sign up to the online membership system so that you can continue to pay monthly by direct debit.
Support our boys: Macclesfield Minis and Junior 500 club
The M&J 500 club is a great way to raise money for the Mini & Junior section and in turn your child benefits.
We are asking people to buy £5 worth of tickets every month (so the cost of a beer or a glass of wine) numbers have fallen over the last 12 months so we are looking for some new members. Forms to be distributed along with you membership card. So just complete the form and drop off at the club. More details on the 500 club can be found https://www.macclesfieldrufc.co.uk/the-club/500-club/
What we have spent the money on so far:
– Coaches jackets – New Balls
– Post Protectors – New kit bags for age groups
– Container to house the training gear – Tape for older age groups
– Ice packs for first aid kits – Sign for the clubhouse
– Food for touring teams – Pendants and Shield for touring teams
– Website access for Coaches – Air horns and loud hailers for festivals
Player safety and expectations:
Macclesfield Rugby Under 9’s request all players must have a responsible adult present for all training and matches.
We are lucky to have such well-behaved children overall. However, we want a fun, competitive and most importantly safe environment and will therefore be strict in our encouragement of players to stop when the whistle blows, to listen/concentrate to coaches and to pay attention. Please reinforce this message on the way to the club on a Sunday morning.
Under 9’s Coaching Team