Macclesfield Rugby Union Football Club
Under 9′s Mini Rugby
***HOT NEWS*** – See below for details
- WEDNESDAY TRAINING STARTS
- Sharks Trip – See e-mail (or newsletter) – Response needed by TUESDAY 9th September
- Newsletter 1 (Pre-season information)
- Fixture list Updated below
- See below for last seasons “new” shirts
Last Season’s “NEW (OLD)” Shirts
As the Club have changed sponsors this season, they have agreed to re-print (at no cost to us) your shirt.
IF you have a “new style” shirt from last season – please bring it (not on your child) to the first session. We will send it off for re-printing and it will be returned in time for the first match (in October)…..
This will not affect those ordering NEW (NEW) shirts over the summer
Any Q’s please ask….
|Date||Wednesday 17th September|
|Notes and Special Instructions||Top pitch beyond astro|
Joining / Try the Game:
We are always looking for new players, and happy to welcome all along. All players must be registered before they can take part in any competitive games. As such, new starters / players wishing to try the game out are encouraged to come along on training days (see fixtures below). It’s also worth checking with one of the contacts on the left before turning up.
Contact us using the links to the Left to sign up – (Age is based on age at Sept 1st – so a child of 9 at or before 31 August will be in the Under 9′s)
Kit NEXT Season (for U9′s)
All players will need full kit (including shorts and socks etc) before we play competitive matches (October). We will now be 100% on the grass so please ensure suitable footwear is purchased (blades are discouraged as they can cause injury to the boys and some clubs we play ban them outright).
Kit required (MANDATORY NEXT YEAR):
- MRUFC Playing top (NEW STYLE) – see note below about shirts*
- MRUFC Socks
- Boots with Rugby Studs
- Gum Shield
* Unless you pre-ordered your shirt during the summer, then you will need to get the shirt re-badged (the Club are paying for this and you need to bring the shirt in on week 1)
- Scrum Cap (Highly advised)
- Under armor
- Skins (legs and top) - available from DW Sports Macclesfield & other outlets
- Hat - (warm hat covering ears best)
- Rugby Gloves (NOT woolen gloves – they soak up water getting cold, and do not grip the ball)
Kit is available from Surridge Sport – WEB LINK HERE
Please ensure when ordering you request the full Macclesfield RUFC Mini Rugby Kit – if in any doubt please ask.
TEAMER will be used for all fixtures. Cancellation or venue changes will be sent by TEAMER and EMAIL by 09:00 on the morning of the fixture unless otherwise told. If you don’t response to TEAMER then you may miss any updates!
Stockport Festival (x 2 teams)
Wilmslow (x 2 Teams)
Chester / Wilmslow Triangular
Manchester Festival (x 1 team)
|21-Dec||Lads n Dads / Fun Day||H|
|18-Jan||Winnington & Sheffield Tigers (Triangular)||H|
|01-Mar||Marple / Sale Scorpions||H|
|08-Mar||Knutsford / Sheffield Tigers||H|
|26-Apr||Cheshire Festival (1 or 2 teams)||A|
|03-May||Stoke Festival (1 or 2 teams)||A|