We are kicking off the season on Saturday 6th September with a good old fashioned “Family Fun Day” for the visit of the famous Richmond Rugby Club.
- Fun Day start time – 12 o’clock (mid-day).
- Entrance is FREE for everybody until 2pm (after 2pm normal entrance fee applies).
- Kick off for rugby is 3.00 pm – v Richmond.
- From around 12.30pm we will have mini/junior touch rugby and football from several age groups. Finish around 2pm.
- Football demonstrations – beat the goalie etc.
- World famous Bosley Wood Treatment Tug of War club will be demonstrating – and who knows – maybe there is a chance for you to take them on!
- Bouncy castle, slide and obstacle course.
- Face painting
- Balloon modelling
- Ice cream van
- Appearance from Sale Sharks (subject to availability) players plus auction prizes.
- BBQ Start at 12pm until late
- Boot Camp demo from 12.30 FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN!
- The Saffron Room will be serving tasters (don`t forget, club members receive 10% discount on food – exc. Takeaways)
- Halliwell Jones BMW Wilmslow will have several vehicles for you to view
- Chance to meet the Blues & Lions Squads including several new faces.
Clearly we are going to need some assistance in organising and running this event, so if you are able to help in any way (before the day, on the day, suggestions to add to schedule etc.) please advise Bill firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your details.
As mentioned, if you arrive before 2.00 entry to the Fun Day is free and you can then stay on and watch the big game. Bring your neighbours, Aunties, Uncles, Grannies or someone from the pub……the more the merrier!!
HALLIWELL JONES SPONSORS MACCLESFIELD RUGBY CLUB
I`m pleased to announce MRUFC have entered into a 2 year partnership with Halliwell Jones Wilmslow, with your local BMW dealership sponsoring both the First Team and the Mini & Junior section of the club. This is great news for the club and on behalf of MRUFC, I`d like to say `Thanks` to Halliwell Jones Wilmslow and look forward to a mutually beneficial partnership. A particular thanks to Scott Green, Sue Carden & Jonathan Marsh from Halliwell Jones for their assistance and cooperation in setting up this partnership.
Below is a statement from Halliwell Jones, Wilmslow;
`The Halliwell Jones Group is delighted to announce Halliwell Jones Wilmslow is sponsoring Macclesfield Rugby Club for a period of two years.
Halliwell Jones is new to the area having acquired the Wilmslow BMW and MINI Dealerships in March (formerly Blue Bell Wilmslow). Halliwell Jones is a family business and is immensely proud of operating the BMW and MINI franchise in the North West of England and North Wales. Commencing in Southport in 1987 Halliwell Jones has, over the years grown from an initial staff of 15 to well in excess of 500, with additional dealerships located at Chester, Warrington, Wirral, and North Wales.`
Scott Green (below) Dealer Principal Halliwell Jones Wilmslow commented;
“This new partnership presents an exciting opportunity for Macclesfield RUFC, its players, supporters and Halliwell Jones, along with its customers and staff. Rugby is a perfect brand fit for us and we are looking forward to a great partnership. Over the coming months we hope to meet the players and supporters. We will be on the ground during your home games offering our support as well as showcasing our range of vehicles.
We wish Macclesfield Rugby Club good luck for the forthcoming season.”
If you have any information you want adding to the newsletter, (relevant to the rugby club) please send it to me at email@example.com
This is particularly relevant to the mini, junior and football sections.
I CAN ONLY PUBLISH WHAT I`VE BEEN SENT SO IF YOU WANT YOUR TEAMS ACHIEVMENTS, NEWS PUBLISHED, PLEASE ENSURE I RECEIVE INFORMATION BY A TUESDAY AT THE LATEST.
Please feel free to e mail any news, items etc. related to the Rugby Club to; (firstname.lastname@example.org) and if appropriate, I`ll be happy to add to this column.
All The Best,
Chairman Macclesfield RUFC