As s you may well be aware, as part of the Strategic Plan for MRUFC, it was recognised that in order to ensure the continued success of our Junior/Youth sections, and to create a pathway for these players to move into senior rugby, a Director of Youth Rugby would be appointed. We are now in a position to offer that post and would ask for applications to be sent in confidence to myself.
A panel comprising Executive members, First team Coach and other Senior figures within the club will be set up to review aplications and interview candidates. Please see below for a brief job description for this extremely important position.
- The post holder will be responsible to the Executive Committee.
- Appointment would be fixed for a period of 2-3 years with a full appraisal and review of objectives after 12 months. This would be conducted by the Chairman following input from the Senior Coaching personnel, Management committee and the Junior and Mini Chairperson.
- Primary Responsibility is for the Youth and Junior playing development of the club in line with the clubs philosophy, Policies and RFU Guidelines. Primary Objective is to direct, manage and deliver a structure that can support the development and transition of junior players that can play Senior Rugby in the National Leagues for Macclesfield.
- Position is, ideally, to start ahead of the 2015/16 Season.
ACTUAL DUTIES INVOLVED:
- Lead the coaching and management of the Youth Playing sides (16 to 18).
- Develop and implement a coordinated coaching programme throughout the junior (13 to 16) and Youth (16 to 18) section of the club. This does not include the mini section which is 6 to 12 age groups.
- Define, liaise and coordinate with the First Team Head Coach and Management Committee the implementation and ongoing management of the Club’s “agreed playing philosophy for Junior and Youth Rugby” and prepare them for the transition to Senior Rugby.
- Responsible for coordinating Junior and Youth Coaches Including future recruitment, education and development.
- Maintain strong links with the RFU, Cheshire Youth Rugby, Macclesfield First Team Coaching personnel within the club, local Schools and the local Rugby Community.
- Identify, select and lead the skills development of “elite” players aged 13 to 18 including 1-2-1 mentoring and maintaining individual review files
- Develop succession planning to ensure that qualified coaches are appointed to the Junior and Youth teams and receive the appropriate training required by attending designated coaching courses.
- Attend the Rugby sub-committee (to be created) so that rugby policy is understood, properly disseminated to all levels and translated into practical action.
- Report to the Clubs Management Committee on rugby matters and make recommendations on improvements/ initiatives that need to be implemented.
- Set behavioural standard policies for the Junior and Youth teams and members at the start of the season
- Be aware of all administrative procedures regarding player registration and eligibility.
- Identify and use appropriate tools, resources both internal and external that can help with player development regarding, wellbeing, fitness, dietary etc.
- Manage Junior and Youth playing budget effectively and report to Treasurer accordingly.
- Liaise and communicate with Youth Sponsors when appropriate
To deliver development targets (to be agreed) for the successful transition of players from Youth to Senior Rugby at Macclesfield
Assist First Team Coach to produce and prepare players for Senior Rugby at Macclesfield and with the First Team Coach make them feel part of the Club
MEETINGS TO ATTEND:
- Management Committee Meetings when appropriate to do so
Annual General Meeting
First Team Coaching Meetings and Selection
Mini and Junior Section Meetings
RFU forums and meetings if appropriate
- Expenses to be within an budget agreed by the Management Committee
- Payment to be defined
- Agree time commitments weekly/monthly/Match days and off season.
- Club Training Apparel will be provided
Full Academy creation subject to Management Committee, Requirement, Playing Numbers, League Status, Budget and Sponsorship.