There’s a vacancy to join the staff of The Macclesfield Blues! Are you, or do you know anyone that may be of interest? Be a part of the forward thinking coaching team here at Priory Park.
Head of Analysis, Matt Coleridge had this to say about the importance of the role within the side –
“This season we took a real step forward at Macclesfield, with our video analysis and I firmly believe that has contributed to our success on the field. The feed back delivered to our players and coaches in the form of video and statistics allows us to track performance and in turn helps push development of the players while giving the coaches a means to assess the overall teams ability to execute our tactics.”
Title: Assistant Performance Analyst
Reporting to: Head Performance Analyst
Location: Priory Lane, Macclesfield (plenty of agile working also)
Start Date: Late August/September 2016
Closing Date: Friday 1st July 2016
Macclesfield Blues 1st Team are offering an exciting opportunity in the Performance Analysis department for the 2016-17 season. An aspiring analyst is sought to assist the Head Analyst in the production of Post-Match, In-Game and Pre-Match Statistical and Video Analysis as well filming of games and training. This is an excellent chance to gain experience working within the semiprofessional environment, and ideal for working alongside a Sports Science Degree. We maintain strong links to the professional Rugby union and Rugby League Community as well as the RFU so can facilitate introductions to higher level clubs, and we can provide Youth Coaching opportunities as well as other CPD advancement.
Work closely with and support the Head Analyst to provide pre and post-match analysis to coaches and players.
- Assist in the filming of training and matches.
- Live and post-match coding of all first team matches, providing detailed feedback for coaches and players.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of relevant statistical methods for the tracking of KPIs.
- Creation of high quality presentations using a variety of methods and materials.
- Assist in the provision of analysis to the A Team and Academy, including filming/coding of fixtures.
- Keep Macclesfield’s Team App up to date with relevant information.
- Media Opportunities optional (social media and multimedia production)
- Other duties may be required.
- A good understanding of Rugby.
- High level of enthusiasm for the role.
- Previous analysis experience within a team environment.
- Experience in the use of video analysis software packages to produce information.
- Experience of video production, and knowledge of video/analysis equipment (ideally NACSport, Sportscode and/or Longomatch).
- Experience of interrogating statistical data and maintenance of databases (statistical and video).
- A high standard of organisational skills.
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- IT literate (especially Microsoft Office).
Please email applications including a CV and Covering letter to email@example.com no later than 1st July 2016.