I’d like to take this opportunity to say a HUGE THANKS to each and everyone of you, who helped in any way to make the 2015-16 the most successful (in terms of playing success) season in the 139 year history of the club. This includes players, coaches, parents, supporters, grounds men, laundry man, gate people, physios, bar staff, catering staff, office staff, captains, 4th officials, referees, cleaners, organisiers and volunteers.
The list of individuals is endless, so I wont single anyone out – suffice to say that you know who you are, and without your help & support, we wouldn’t have a rugby club, never mind a very successful one. However, I would like to take this opportunity to say a personal THANK YOU to the rest of the Executive Committee for their fantastic support & tireless efforts (most of which is unseen by the members) over the past 12 months. Guys, THANKS!
For some, the season and hard work has come to an end until the next season starts, but for others, the work continues over the summer. Going forward, if you feel you can help in any way at all, please either let me or Jonathan know. ALL HELP GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED!
M.R.U.F.C. ROLL OF HONOUR 2015-16
1st XV – National League 2 North Champions
Cheshire Cup Winners
2nd XV – LBS Cup Winners
1st XV Chairman’s Player of the Season – Max Smith
1st XV Player’s Player of the Season – Max Smith
2nd XV Player’s Player of the Season – Matt Thorpe
2nd XV Most Improved Player of the Season – Dan Kingston
3rd XV Player’s Player of the Season – Bryan Graham
3rd XV Most Improved Player of the Season – Harry Grant
4th XV Player’s Player of the Season – Jeremy Bostock
4th XV Most Improved Player of the Season – Callum Wright
Coach of the Season – Giles Heagerty
200 National League Appearances – Sam Moss & Tom Eaton
Mark Goodchild Memorial Trophy for Outstanding Services to the club – Phil Mason
Hon. Life Vice President – Bill Roberts
Under 7’s- Cheshire Festival Runners Up
Under 8’s – Cheshire Festival finalists in the Vase, Cup and Bowl.
Under 9’s – Cheshire Shield Champions
Under 10’s – Cheshire Plate Winners, Sandbach Festival Winners,
Wilmslow Plate Winners, Vale of Lune Festival Runners Up
Under 13’s – Cheshire Plate & Bushy Park Tournament Winners
Under 15’s – Cheshire Plate Winners, Wirral Tournament Winners,
Heaton Moor 7’s Winners, Macclesfield 7’s Winners
Under 16’s – Cheshire Plate Runners Up
Notice of Annual General Meeting – 2016
This is formal advice, that in accordance with the current Rules of Macclesfield R.U.F.C. Ltd., the Annual General Meeting of the Club will take place at the Clubhouse, Priory Park, on Tuesday 31st May at 7.00 p.m.
1. Introduction and welcome to members present – Peter Harper
2. Remembrance of members deceased this year – Peter Harper
3. Approval of minutes of AGM held 20th May 2015 – Peter Harper
4. Chairman’s Report – Peter Harper
5. Finance Report – Peter White
- Blues – Dir. Rugby
- Lions XV – Iain Taylor
- Social Rugby – Captains
- Mini and Junior Rugby – Phil Mason
- Youth Rugby – Chris Jones
7. Election of Executive Committee1
8. Confirmation of election of honorary members
9. Any other business
- Only full members of the club (appropriate subscription paid for the 2015-16 season) are entitled to vote on matters considered at the AGM.
- Nominations (with a second) for Executive Officer positions should be received in writing by the secretary (Tim Peakman – email@example.com) by 24th May.
- Members should forward questions in writing to the secretary at least 48 hours before the meeting.
- The minutes from the 2015 meeting are included with this notice.
1 The current positions and incumbents on the Executive Committee are: Chairman – Peter Harper, Director of Finance – Peter White, Director of Commercial Activities – David Mair, Director of Sales/Marketing – Charles Halle, Secretary – Tim Peakman
Have a great summer!