Macclesfield Rugby Union Football Club – Financial AGM – For the year ending 30th June 2016
In accordance with the rules of Macclesfield RUFC Ltd members are advised of, and invited to attend, this meeting which will be held in the President’s suite at the clubhouse, Priory Park, Priory Lane, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 4AF on Thursday 29th September 2016 at 7.30pm.
- Apologies for absence.
- To approve minutes of the Financial General Meeting held at the Club House on Monday 29th September 2015.
- Welcome by Chairman – Peter Harper.
- To receive and approve a Financial Statement for the preceding Financial Year ending 30th June 2016 – presented by the Director of Finance, Peter White.
- Treasurer to respond to questions raised by members – by permission of the chairman.
- To consider and vote on a special resolution relating to life memberships (see below)
- Any other business relevant to this meeting – by permission of the chairman.
Secretary, Macclesfield R.U.F.C. Ltd
Note to item 6
- Macclesfield RUFC has, over the past 40 years, run life membership schemes.
- These schemes have been referred to as Life Vice Presidents and Millennium members
- The schemes have been run as a means of raising capital to fund important projects such as the relocation of the club to its current site at Priory Park.
- Subscribers paid a fee substantially above the annual membership at the time of issue in return for a life membership.
- This means that the individuals do not subsequently need to pay annual membership fees but are full voting members of the club.
- In anticipation of the re-development of the Priory Park site, a member will propose that all life memberships are declared void from the beginning of the 2017-18 season.
- A vote will be taken at the meeting on this resolution.