We are looking to recruit a new Assistant Analyst, please find below information on the responsibilities and requirements within this role. This an amazing opportunity to get involved with your local rugby club and help out your community, it is also great experience for those who wish to grow in the sporting media industy – so what are you waiting for?
Title: Assistant Performance Analyst
Reporting to: Head Performance Analysis
Location: Priory Lane, Macclesfield (plenty of agile working also)
Start Date: As early as possible after deadline date (21st October 2016).
Closing Date: Friday 21st October 2016
Macclesfield Blues 1st Team are offering an exciting opportunity in the Performance Analysis department for the 2016-17 season. An aspiring analyst is sought to assist in the production of Post-Match, In-Game and Pre-Match Statistical and Video Analysis as well as filming of games and training. This is an excellent chance to gain experience working within the semi-professional environment, and ideal for working alongside a Sports Science Degree. We maintain strong links to the professional Rugby Union and Rugby League Community as well as the RFU and local counties so can facilitate introductions to higher level clubs, and we can provide Youth Coaching opportunities as well as other CPD advancement.
Work closely with and support the Head Analyst to provide pre and post-match analysis to coaches and players.
- Assist in the provision of analysis to the 1st XV, including filming/coding of fixtures
- Live and post-match coding of all first team matches, providing detailed feedback for coaches and players.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of relevant statistical methods for the tracking of KPIs.
- Assist in the preparation of opposition analysis.
- Creation of high quality presentations using a variety of methods and materials.
- Media Opportunities optional (social media and multimedia production)
- Other duties may be required.
- A good understanding of Rugby.
- High level of enthusiasm for the role.
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends, at the club or at home.
- Previous analysis experience within a team environment (semi pro if possible).
- Experience of video production, and knowledge of video/analysis equipment (ideally NACSport, Sportscode and/or Longomatch).
- Experience of interrogating statistical data and maintenance of databases (statistical and video).
- A high standard of organisational skills.
- IT literate (especially Microsoft Office).
Please email applications including a CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21st Oct 2016.