MRUFC Financial Annual General Meeting
7.30pm September 26th 2019
1. Apologies for Absence:
- Keith Dobson, Peter Harper (Jnr), Phil Mason, John Brown, Sir Nicholas Winterton
2. Approval of minutes of previous Financial AGM:
- Proposed by Barry Jones. Seconded by Clive Hammond. No matters arising.
3. Welcome by Chairman Stephen Branch:
- Chairman highlighted the changes that have happened within the club over the past year with a focus on getting back to basics and being a real community rugby club. Becoming a club that has true aspirations for all, rather than a focus upon only the 1st XV and in that way unite the whole club.
- Chairman spoke about the superb response from volunteers with the refurbishment works and generosity with time, skills and products. The Chairman also thanked the number of generous financial donors who have helped make much of the work possible.
- The Priory Suite has full bookings until Christmas
- Chairman thanked all club members for their support
- The Chairman reported that the club was now in profit and sustainable and that the Executive are now able to invest in the club. The intention is that Macclesfield rugby club should play at the highest level whilst remaining within our Financial means.
- As an example of the change in atmosphere within the club the Chairman spoke of the end of season Black Tie Dinner for over 250 guests, compared to the previous year when a similar event was cancelled through lack of support.
4. Financial Statement for Year Ending 30th June 2019: Financial Director Peter White:
- The attached report from Financial Director Peter White was read out at the meeting with referral to the chart of accounts.
5. Financial Director’s Questions:
- In reference to cash at bank, a member asked how short we are. PW responded that we are receiving large amounts of free materials and equipment, but would benefit from between £4000 – £5000 to pay tradesmen where work could not be carried out by volunteers. If our current cashflow were maintained we should be fine. At present the club is involved in multiple projects and this has an impact upon the financials. Perhaps I future consideration should be given to undertaking fewer simultaneous projects.
- In response to a question about the RFU Raffle it was confirmed that although the cost of raffle books was included in last seasons member subscriptions, the club had performed poorly in selling it. Many members were unaware that 90% of sale proceeds go the club. This year the Raffle has been cancelled by the RFU as one of their projects.
- The Board of the club were thanked for their governance and direction during the past financial year.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.03pm
Paid up MRUFC members who wish to receive a copy of the Financial Director’s Report and the Accounts should contact the Club Secretary.
Minutes provided by Bob Cooke, Secretary – Macclesfield Rugby Football Club – Mob: 07894084044, Email: email@example.com