Welcome Back – KIND OF…
We hope all our members are safe and well during the current lockdown.
In line with Government and RFU Guidance we are delighted to let members know that, from Monday 1st June 2020 Mini and Junior age grades are able to take part in limited training activity at the club.
The following activities are permitted, however please ensure all players adhere to the limitations and restrictions.
Please note due to the evolving situation this advice may change suddenly. In ALL cases Government guidance takes precedent.
Please do not use the main pitch. The groundsmen are currently treating, seeding and preparing the surface. This includes various chemical treatments, which may cause harm if injected or come into contact with any open cuts / grazes.
ALSO remember the pitches have been out of use for a while. Please ensure the area is inspected carefully for animal fouling (dog / fox etc),
The Astro is also out of bounds until further restrictions are lifted. Please report any sightings of people using the astro as we have made a number of adjustments to the security due to people breaking into it and causing damage. please report to firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual training is permitted at the club (as has been the case for a while). Please ensure you remain 2m from anyone else not in your household.
Any equipment you use must be your own.
The clubhouse will not be open.
A maximum of 6 players from separate households may take part in small group non-contact training exercises once per 24-hour period. Note any coach counts as one of the 6.
We recommend a maximum of 6 players per half pitch (with one on the grass at the front of the astro) – so a maximum of 7 groups are possible in this format. however if there are not that many on site it is ideal to do any repetitive exercise such as shuttles off the playing ares on the off field grass areas or dead ball areas.
There is to be NO sharing of equipment (including balls, kicking tees, cones etc). No tackle pads please.
Players can bring their own equipment however there should be NO equipment removed from the container (let’s keep that area sterile for now).
There will be no access to clubhouse facilities.
Check out the MaccTive FB Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaccTive/ for some challenges (individual or group) and some exercise sessions
- Strength and conditioning
- https://www.coachmag.co.uk/fitness/workouts/bodyweight-workouts – check out this resource
- Kicking Practice
- Put a “target” out (water bottle – jumper – kit bag – your mum/dad/brother)
- Kick from hand onto target
- Grubber kick to target
- Drop kick through goal (whilst running)
- Tee kicks through goal (vary angle / distance)
- Drop kick to hit crossbar (useful for the one time you may win a prize for the crossbar challenge)
- Again, see the 5S sessions on MaccTive
- Beat the boundary time (1.5K)
- Mound Whistle Test – start at bottom (2m apart) – Whistle between exercises;
- Run to top
- Run to bottom (take care)
- Run to top 5 press-ups
- Run to bottom 5 burpees
- Run to top 5 sit-ups
- Run to bottom
- Lay out cones (coach only) in line – Start – 1m, 2m, 5m, 10m, 20m
- Bleep “whistle” test
- Introduce an exercise on each cone
- Coach to collect and retain cones (no sharing) – Players do NOT touch cones
- Skills Zone (distribute cones – players keep cones for future sessions)
- Each player (spread out >10m) – coach sets out 5 cones (centre and 4 corners different colours at 6m from centre). Player starts on tummy – coach shouts colour – player bounces up – runs to that colour – on tummy. (Vary starting position).