Welcome to Macclesfield RUFC Girls Rugby
We have growing squads for age groups U12, U14 & U16 and are always looking for more girls to get involved and try a fantastic sport.
Contact Pip Gregory – E-Mail
Training is normally on a Saturday Morning 10:00 and Tuesday evening 18:00. Training is very much game-based and aimed at ensuring players develop core skills whilst enjoying themselves. Fun is the No.1 reason kids love Rugby. Matches are usually on Sundays amongst the Cheshire RFU and Greater Manchester Girls Network clubs.
Why Rugby Union?
Rugby is a highly physical team sport, where your daughter will learn to play safely
in a controlled environment. Rugby Union (and Macclesfield RUFC) prides itself on the core values of our game; Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Respect. At Macclesfield, your daughter will learn all these values and be encouraged to demonstrate them both on and off the field.
What Will My Daughter Get Out of Rugby?
- She will learn the importance of hard work and the rewards that come from being able to compete and give 100% for her team.
- She will learn how strong and powerful her body is especially as her fitness and physicality develop through training and games
- She will know she is capable of anything her male cohorts are – as there is NO difference between the game for each gender. The physicality required is the same!
- She will learn to get back up when she’s been knocked down and learn when she’s tackled she is able to keep the ball for her team!
- She will learn what it’s like to be part of a team as Rugby is a team game like no other. Whether your the super fast winger or tight-head prop everyone has a role to play and everyone has to play their part for success to come. You have their backs, they have yours!
- She will learn to respect others, regardless of their decision as Respect is one of the core values. There is no room for disrespecting match officials.
- She will learn to deal with disappointment despite giving 100% and leaving everything on the field some days that is just not enough. She will learn to react with grace, dignity and go and shake the other team’s hands. They will then all be together upstairs sharing nuggets and chips and talking about the match.
FINALLY – She will make friends for life!!. Her team and the club will soon become her rugby family. She will come to love Sundays to play and see her friends and join in a healthy social life. She will be invited down to watch the Ladies 1st XV and other teams. Teams may tour and enjoy playing against clubs far and wide
Macclesfield RUFC is signed up to the Kids First coaching ethos. We coach the whole child all the time. Coaching is undertaken by volunteers, however they all complete regular training and coaching qualifications suitable for the age-grade they coach.
The safety of our players is paramount. Like any contact sport, there is an element of risk to the players, however through structured training and developing the player’s physicality and technique the game is now as safe as it can be.
Everybody starts playing some time, whether that be at 6 or 56. We welcome ALL PLAYERS of any skill or ability, and all will be given the opportunity to develop and play.
We have a FULL safeguarding policy and processes in place. Read it HERE
We also have a discipline policy and procedure – Read it HERE
We will ensure the Girls Team has access to separate WC and if required shower facilities. We have a separate changing room which can be “designated” female-only when required.
Age Groups for 2022/23 season
U12s – 11 years old @ 1st September 2022 (School year 7)
U14s – 12 or 13 years old @ 1st September 2022 (School year 8,9)
U16s – 14 or 15 years old @ 1st September 2022 (School year 10,11)