It’s all about having fun whilst learning and improving on the basic skills and core values of the game at Macclesfield Rugby: teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline & sportsmanship. The Under 11’s have a vibrant squad of players and a fantastic very committed coaching team.
We always look to do lots of extra social activities to build team spirit as well.
WE ARE RECRUITING!
Macclesfield Rugby Under 11s would love to see any boys or girls (born between 1st September 2007 – 31st August 2008) who are interested in trying out rugby for the first time, or have indeed played at another club in the past. So, if you want to know more, please either get in touch or if you prefer, just come on down to one of our training sessions on a Sunday morning at 11am when we are at home – see fixtures below for details.
|NEXT EVENT||AFTER THAT||FURTHER AHEAD|
|DATE||11th February||14th February||17th February|
|TIME||18.30 – 19.30||18.30 – 19.30||11.00|
|NOTES||Oxford Road||Westminster Road|
Macclesfield Rugby Under 11s CLUB KIT
Kit required (MANDATORY FOR EVERY MATCH):
- MRUFC Playing top – On the O’Neill’s on-line store, the jersey is labelled ‘Macclesfield RUFC Juniors Rugby Jersey (Team Fit) Kids’.
- MRUFC Shorts (Cyclone or Thomand)
- Macc Rugby Socks
- Boots with studs (NB: no boots with studs to be worn on the Kings Astro pitch, trainers only)
- Gum shield/mouth guards are compulsory in contact rugby
Recommended (especially during the Winter months):
- Skins (legs and top – essential when training on astro-turf)
- Hat – (warm hat covering ears best)
- Rugby Gloves (NOT woollen gloves – they soak up water getting cold, and do not grip the ball)
Mini rugby is all about having fun, whilst learning the basic skills and core values of the game: teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline & sportsmanship.
Subs and RFU Registration
Prices: 1st child: £125.00 (£11.50 per month) ; 2nd onwards: £94.00 each (£8.50 per month). The preferred payment method of registration and payment is through the online membership system: https://mrufc.manageyourclub.co.uk/
The new system will allow you to register players online and either pay monthly by Direct Debit or as a single payment.
You can also pay direct to the Club via online banking:
Account number: 39826562
Sort Code: 01-05-41
Please mark payment with U11’s Subs and child’s name.
Also, if you pay before 1st September, the price is £115, but you can only get this price by paying directly.
IMPORTANT – If you have been paying your subs via standing order and have already made your August payment you need to CANCEL your standing order immediately and then sign up to the online membership system so that you can continue to pay monthly by direct debit.
- £5 entrance fee to 1st XV home matches
- Mini & Junior Under 16s – free entry to home matches
- Family Member (no voting rights)
- Post match meal
- Playing subscriptions and coaching
- RFU Insurance
- 10% bar discount
- Opportunity to buy international tickets
- 2 complimentary RFU Raffle ticket books
- Free hire of the venue for functions
ALL PLAYERS MUST ALSO BE RFU REGISTERED.
All players should register before the end of September.
Support our boys: Macclesfield Minis and Junior 500 club
The M&J 500 club is a great was to raise money for the Mini & Junior section and in turn your child benefits.
We are asking people to buy £5 worth of tickets every month (so the cost of a beer or a glass of wine) numbers have fallen over the last 12 months so we are looking for some new members.
What we have spent the money on so far:
– Coaches jackets – New Balls
– Post Protectors – New kit bags for age groups
– Container to house the training gear – Tape for older age groups
– Ice packs for first aid kits – Sign for the clubhouse
– Food for touring teams – Pendants and Shield for touring teams
Plus we have some additional kit for each team in September
So just complete the form, drop it off at the club or email to Rob and you will be entered the following month.
ALL proceeds are spent on improving the M&J section.
All you need to do is complete the linked Direct Debit form and hand it in to Jonathan at the Rugby Club or speak with Rob Oliver telephone: 07835 775955 email: Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org.
WINTER/SPRING FIXTURES 2018 (Subject to Change)
Full fixtures in PDF format will be available soon
|16/12||Players vs. Parents||Christmas Lunch – book here|
|13/01||Burnage||H||cancelled – now playing Helsby|
|27/01||Knutsford||H||now a home fixture|
|07/04||Cheshire Festival||A||@ Winnington Park|
Player safety and expectations
The Macclesfield Under 11s coaches request that all players must have a responsible adult present for all training sessions and matches.
We are lucky to have such well-behaved lads overall. However, we want a fun, competitive and most importantly safe environment and will therefore be strict in our encouragement of players to stop when the whistle blows, to listen/concentrate to coaches and to pay attention. Please reinforce this message on the way to the Club on a Sunday morning.
Amanda and the Team.