It’s all about having fun whilst learning and improving on the basic skills and core values of the game at Macclesfield Rugby: teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline & sportsmanship. The Under 11’s have a vibrant squad of players and a fantastic very committed coaching team.
We always look to do lots of extra social activities to build team spirit as well.
WE ARE RECRUITING!
Macclesfield Rugby Under 11s would love to see any boys or girls (born between 1st September 2008 – 31st August 2009) who are interested in trying out rugby for the first time, or have indeed played at another club in the past. So, if you want to know more, please either get in touch or if you prefer, just come on down to one of our training sessions on a Sunday morning at 11am when we are at home – see fixtures below for details.
All matches and training events are managed through TEAMER. Access TEAMER here. If you do not have a login, please contact Tim.
|Mini & Junior Fixtures 2019 – 20 Season|
|1||01 Sep 19||Training||H|
|2||08 Sep 19||Training||H|
|3||15 Sep 19||Training||H|
|4||22 Sep 19||Training||A|
|5||29 Sep 19||Training||H|
|6||06 Oct 19||Stoke||H|
|06 Oct 19||Sheffield||H|
|7||13 Oct 19||Leek||H|
|13 Oct 19||Manchester Festival||A|
|8||20 Oct 19||Heaton Moor||H|
|20 Oct 19||x||x|
|9||27 Oct 19||Leigh||H|
|27 Oct 19||Littleborough||H|
|10||03 Nov 19||Warrington||A|
|11||10 Nov 19||Wilmslow||A|
|12||17 Nov 19||Stockport||H|
|13||24 Nov 19||Lymm||A|
|14||01 Dec 19||Winnington Park||H|
|15||08 Dec 19||Trafford MV||H|
|16||15 Dec 19||Wigan||H|
|17||22 Dec 19||Lads and Dads||H|
|18||29 Dec 19||Christmas|
|19||05 Jan 20||Newcastle (Staffs)||H|
|20||12 Jan 20||Burnage||A|
|12 Jan 20||x||x|
|21||19 Jan 20||Alty Kersall||H|
|22||26 Jan 20||Knutsford||A|
|23||02 Feb 20||Leek||H|
|24||09 Feb 20||Sandbach||H|
|25||16 Feb 20||Wigan||H|
|16 Feb 20||Littleborough||A|
|26||23 Feb 20||Leigh||A|
|23 Feb 20||X||X|
|27||01 Mar 20||Wilmslow||H|
|28||08 Mar 20||Stockport||A|
|29||15 Mar 20||Bowdon||A|
|30||22 Mar 20||Winnington Park||A|
|31||29 Mar 20||Stoke||A|
|32||05 Apr 20||Fixture||H|
|33||12 Apr 20|
|18 Apr 20||Wilmslow Festival||A|
|34||19 Apr 20||Sheffield||H|
|35||26 Apr 20||Cheshire Festival||TBC||All junior fixtures need to be Away|
|36||03 May 20||END OF SEASON|
Macclesfield Rugby Under 11s CLUB KIT
Kit required (MANDATORY FOR EVERY MATCH):
- MRUFC Playing top – On the O’Neill’s on-line store, the jersey is labelled ‘Macclesfield RUFC Juniors Rugby Jersey (Team Fit) Kids’. NB from this season it must be the “MoneyGuru” sponsored shirt
NOTE: From AUG 31st to Sept 13th 2019 DISCOUNT CODE for 10% – Enter MACC19 at Checkout EXPIRED
- MRUFC Shorts (Cyclone or Thomand)
- Macc Rugby Socks
- Boots with studs (NB: no boots with studs to be worn on the Kings Astro pitch, trainers only)
- Gum shield/mouth guards are compulsory in contact rugby
Recommended (especially during the Winter months):
- Skins (legs and top – essential when training on astro-turf)
- Hat – (warm hat covering ears best)
- Rugby Gloves (NOT woollen gloves – they soak up water getting cold, and do not grip the ball)
Mini rugby is all about having fun, whilst learning the basic skills and core values of the game: teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline & sportsmanship.
- Cheshire RFU
- RFU Simplified Player progression PDF
- RFU Detailed U11 Rules (Regulation 15 appendix 5)
Subs and RFU Registration (2019-20).
- £5 entrance fee to 1st XV home matches
- Mini & Junior Under 16s – free entry to home matches
- Family Member (no voting rights)
- Post match meal
- Playing subscriptions and coaching
- RFU Insurance
- 10% bar discount
- Opportunity to buy international tickets
- 2 complimentary RFU Raffle ticket books
- Free hire of the venue for functions
ALL PLAYERS MUST ALSO BE RFU REGISTERED.
All players should register before the end of September.
Age Grade Registration
All U7, U8, U16, U17 and U18 Age Grade players must be registered annually on the RFU’s online Game Management system (GMS). (regulation 15)
Age Grade Player Registration is a fully online annual process for club players between U6 to U18. RFU Regulation requires players to be registered online each season within 45 days of the start of the season or from first joining the club. Guides for clubs / parents on how to do this are all here – https://www.englandrugby.com/participation/running-your-club/player-registration/age-grade-registration
Support our boys: Macclesfield Minis and Junior 500 Club
The M&J 500 club is a great was to raise money for the Mini & Junior section and in turn your child benefits.
We are asking people to buy £5 worth of tickets every month (so the cost of a beer or a glass of wine) numbers have fallen over the last 12 months so we are looking for some new members.
What we have spent the money on so far:
– Coaches jackets – New Balls
– Post Protectors – New kit bags for age groups
– Container to house the training gear – Tape for older age groups
– Ice packs for first aid kits – Sign for the clubhouse
– Food for touring teams – Pendants and Shield for touring teams
Plus we have some additional kit for each team in September
So just complete the form, drop it off at the club or email to Rob and you will be entered the following month.
ALL proceeds are spent on improving the M&J section.
All you need to do is complete the linked Direct Debit form and hand it in to Jonathan at the Rugby Club or speak with Rob Oliver telephone: 07835 775955 email: Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Player safety and expectations
The Macclesfield Under 11s coaches request that all players must have a responsible adult present for all training sessions and matches.
We are lucky to have such well-behaved lads overall. However, we want a fun, competitive and most importantly safe environment and will therefore be strict in our encouragement of players to stop when the whistle blows, to listen/concentrate to coaches and to pay attention. Please reinforce this message on the way to the Club on a Sunday morning.
Mark , Tim , Chris, Paul & Dom