Welcome to Macclesfield Rugby Under 8’s!
We are privileged to have a great group of players and very supportive parents. We are always happy to welcome new players to our team, so if you know of any boys or girls interested in trying out rugby for the first time, please get in touch with Nicky Griffin (team admin: 07736 032324).
TEAM CONTACT DETAILS
Head coach: Ian Lear
Coach: Jon Bannard-Smith
Coach: Andrew Smith
Coach: Claire Lear
Coach: Nicky Griffin
Team admin: Nicky Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org; 07736 032324)
First aid: Nicky Griffin and Jess Jones
Following all home games and training sessions, the clubhouse will be open for hot food and drinks. Please remember this facility is available for all to use, so please ensure to drop in. **Please ensure no mucky kit in the clubhouse**
- Provide a safe, fun and social environment for our players, where they will develop a passion for the game of rugby.
- We will prioritise their growth as young people as much as the development of their rugby ability.
- We will work with our parents to ensure that everyone involved in the MRUFC U8s team enjoys the experience.
- We will adhere to the RFU “Kids First” principles and encourage our parents to support us by doing the same.
- We will support and encourage our players to maximise their potential and reach the highest level.
Macclesfield RUFC is committed from the highest level to ensuring that all children within our care are, at all times, within a safe and caring environment. As such, please find a link here to our Safeguarding page and relevant key contacts.
PLAYER SAFETY AND EXPECTATIONS:
We are lucky to have such well-behaved children. We want a fun, competitive and most importantly ,safe environment and will therefore be strict in our encouragement of players to stop when the whistle blows, to listen to coaches and to pay attention. All players must have a responsible adult present for all training and matches. Please find a link here to our MRUFC discipline page, including links to the relevant codes of conduct for both players and parents.
TRAINING AND MATCHES
Training and matches take place on Sunday mornings, either at the club (on the grass to the left of the Astroturf Pitch) or at away fixtures. All training and matches are managed through TEAMER.
Please see a guide to this season’s fixtures below; please remember that this is subject to change, so please always check TEAMER and the Under 8’s WhatsApp group for up-to-date information.
Kit required (MANDATORY FOR EVERY MATCH):
- MRUFC Playing top – On the O’Neill’s on-line store, the jersey is labelled ‘Macclesfield RUFC Juniors Rugby Jersey Kids’
- MRUFC Shorts
- Macc Rugby Socks
- Boots with studs/astroboots
- Gum Shield (Optional at Under 8 level)
Recommended (especially during the Winter months):
- Skins (legs and top)
- Hat – (warm hat covering ears best)
- Rugby Gloves (NOT woollen gloves – they soak up water getting cold, and do not grip the ball)
SUBS and RFU REGISTRATION
Subs are £125 for the first child and £95 for each child thereafter. Registration has MANY benefits:
- Playing subscriptions and coaching
- Family Club Membership (no voting rights)
- 10% discount for the Clubhouse Bar
- Free RFU Insurance
- Free match entry to 1st XV home games for children under 16
- Discounted match entry (£5) for an adult
- Opportunity to buy international tickets
- Free venue hire for functions
ALL PLAYERS MUST ALSO BE RFU REGISTERED. Please contact Nicky Griffin with any queries.
Many thanks and we hope to see you soon.
Under 8’s Coaching Team – Ian, Jon, Andrew, Claire and Nicky