We look forward to welcoming you all to our club. Unfortunately, during the Covid-19 pandemic, we aren’t able to offer our usual level of hospitality and we also need to inform you of some additional controls that we have put in place at the club to keep all players, staff, and visitors (home & away) as safe as possible during these unusual times.
Please note the following information to all those likely to come along to Macclesfield (Priory Park) and ask that they read and observe the guidance provided below:
Before visiting Priory Park
Playing rugby (even in line with all the new guidelines) carries with it an inherently increased transmission risk. By making yourself / your child available to play rugby, you acknowledge and accept that increased risk.
Before coming to the Club, all participants in rugby (players, coaches, officials, volunteers and parents/carers) must check for symptoms of COVID-19. You MUST NOT come to Priory Park if you have symptoms of COVID-19, someone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19 or you have been asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
You should ensure you have the following before you come to the Club:
- Hand sanitiser. Everyone must bring their own which must be used regularly (see below).
- All the necessary personal safety kit (mouth guard, approved pads, protective headgear, etc.).
- Your own chair (if you want one). No seating will be available.
- Your own shelter / umbrella (if you want one). No shelter or indoor spaces will be available. In the event of heavy rain players may need to shelter in their cars.
In addition to the above, you must not come to Priory Park if you have had a positive Lateral Flow Test and you’re awaiting your confirmatory PCR test.
When you arrive at Priory Park
- Players should arrive at the Club fully changed and ready to play (or be prepared to change outside) since no changing rooms will be open. Try not to arrive too early and proceed immediately to the appointed pitch area for your activity (your Macclesfield contact will identify this in advance) to limit contact.
- Please maintain social distancing in the car park wherever possible.
- Please adhere to 2m social distancing whilst transiting the site and/or walking to or from the appointed pitch area.
- All participants (home or away, players, coaches, officials, volunteers and parents/carers) must log their attendance on site using either the NHS Test & Trace App or scanning one of the QR codes on the site.
The NHS QR Code is displayed at various points around the clubhouse area. Scanning the code with your phone camera or NHS app will allow you to sign into the club.
Spectators are not generally permitted under stage D2 of the RFU return to Rugby Roadmap, however for U18s playing a parent, suitable adult or carer may attend for safeguarding purposes.
Multiple members of the family should not attend to limit numbers on site.
Attendees MUST maintain social distancing when at the pitch side keeping a minimum 2m gap between other attendees.
Food and refreshments
A COVID-compliant café (the Priory Café) is available to the left of the clubhouse serving hot and cold drinks. After-match food for players will be provided from the same area on a “meal ticket” basis (please see below).
The Sin-Bin Bar & Priory Café
Players and patrons using the bar or café fall into the category of “customer” and are required to comply with ‘step 2’ provisions of the current Government and RFU Guidance. We welcome customers accessing the facilities, including whilst rugby is being played. Customers must be seated in the “covered area” or on the tables outside the sin-bin area.
Table service is provided for drinks and meals.
Players must consume post-match meals either seated (maximum groups of 6) or on the grass areas but must stick to the rule of 6.
Please follow the guidance from club staff at all times.
Signs are also displayed giving directions to toilet facilities. Please ensure players follow the signs and one-way systems in place. If in doubt, please ask bar staff.
MALE PLAYERS ONLY: Please use the “away team” changing room toilets accessed from the pith-side of the clubhouse.
FEMALE PLAYERS: Please use the accessible WC located just beyond the main entrance doors on the right.
VISITORS/GUESTS: Please follow the one-way system to use the toilets on the first floor of the clubhouse. An accessible toilet is located just beyond the main entrance doors on the right.
NO BOOTS TO BE WORN INSIDE THE CLUBHOUSE
After your visit
All participants have a duty to monitor their own health and inform NHS Test and Trace in the event that they develop any symptoms or test positive for Covid after visiting the Club.
This is important to protect all visitors and users of the Club.
Your cooperation is appreciated, and we sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit to Macclesfield Rugby Club.